Thursday, November 4, 2010

More site analysis drawings

Our studio professor, Abigail Feldman, recommended some great examples of graphic analysis earlier this semester.  I'm posting some of her examples and I've also found some more good examples on the web, especially by landscape architect James Corner.

Here is one of his drawings, titled "Rail Networks":


I got it off of this blog post which I highly recommend skimming, it has some amazing graphics:  http://fluxwurx.com/jstudio/?p=32
Here are two more Corner graphics:






This wildlife diagram for the High Line reminds me of what we were talking about regarding Will's thesis:




This link to the American Society of Landscape Architects' student awards also contains a lot of graphic creativity:
http://www.bustler.net/index.php/article/landscape_architects_announce_2008_student_awards/

1 comment:

  1. Where did you find this last diagram (wildlife) it seems very interesting and relating to a project I'm working on, I would like to examine it, but the jpeg is a bit small

    ReplyDelete